lollapalooza

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Last Week

I keep saying it over and over, but it doesn't make it any more real...I can't believe my time here in Mexico is coming to a close!  The last year and a half spent here in Puebla has gone way too fast.  This time next week, I'll be home in NWA and missing so many things about this beautiful place.  My "Mexican family", the food, the sounds and seeing Popo the volcano everyday, just to name a few.

Almost everyone who's ever been to Mexico would say that once you go, you can't help but fall in love with the people.  They are a unique and special culture that really welcome people into their hearts and homes.  I have always known that from my many mission trips to Mexico but after living here, it has taken on a whole new meaning.  Not only have Hiram & Cati's family taken me in as one of their own, even calling me their adopted daughter & sister, but so many others have welcomed me into their hearts and lives as well.  Last Saturday, they threw me a surprise going away party at church!  I was a little suspicious with some of the events leading up to the party but none the less it was the best (and only) surprise party that anyone's ever thrown for me!  Of course, it wouldn't be a party in Mexico without lots of good food!  We all ate until we were stuffed.  One of my friends, Andrea, even made a video with pictures throughout the year.  If you weren't crying by the end of the video, you were crying by the time I finished my "little speech."  They told me I had to say something, so I stepped up to the mic and told everyone I couldn't say much or I was going to cry...well just open the waterworks up there!  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  What a feeling of love and gratitude I felt for each and every one of the people in that room.


 On Sunday and Monday, I had my very own private cooking class with a lady in our small group.  She taught me how to make the most traditional food of Mexico, mole (mo-lay) and then how to make tamales with the mole...my favorite kind!  I thought mole was too hard and too long of a process for me to ever be able to make but now I feel confident that I can make mole when I get home.  And good thing because I am going to miss it.  I have to find some Poblanos (people from Puebla) in NWA when I get home.  Here's some pics from my class with Mili...





Can't believe I'm coming home in 6 days!!  See y'all sooooonnn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment