lollapalooza

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

getting settled

Well, after not really "working" for my first month in Mexico, we have now kicked it into high gear.  Last week, I started working with the new children's director and my one and only teammate, Diana.  I absolutely love this girl!  She's 23, married and has the cutest little boy named Samuel (a.k.a. Sammy). Once again, God has wiped out my plans that I thought were great, and given me HIS plans that are so much greater.  For nearly the last year, we had been planning on me working with a woman named Edith, but change of plans and in comes Diana.  What a blessing!  She and I get along great, understand each other really well (for the most part...sometimes with the help of google translate!), we have the same vision and passion and share many of the same ideas.  I think we make a pretty good team if I do say so myself.  After a week of working together, we both said we felt like we had known each other for years.  I am so extremely grateful for this friendship and team that God has provided.  And as always am thankful to be reminded for the one thousandth time of Isaiah 55:8. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.  And praise Him for that!  Amen?


{Diana & I at the Women's Retreat last weekend}


I pray that God is showing up in your life and turning all your plans upside down.  I'd rather live in the unknown and chaos of God's magnificent plans for my life than the assuredness of my pathetic plans.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment