lollapalooza

Monday, October 24, 2011

Is it really time for Christmas decorations?

Year after year, the time comes when I walk into Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Target, etc...and am utterly shocked to find amidst the now-dwindling-from-the-shelves pumpkins, scarecrows and Halloween costumes- CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!  This year, although my scenery has changed and I no longer frequent Hobby Lobby and Target, I have discovered that I will never escape Wal-Mart or Sam's and I was once again shocked as I found the section of Christmas trees and ornaments beginning to overtake the gigantic stores.
This is just a sign of how quickly the year has gone by and how much faster it's going to continue to fly!  I can't believe that I have been living in Mexico for nearly 2 months now.  It is crazy how much longer it feels like I have been here and yet some days it feels like I just got here.  So much has happened in such a short amount of time and so much more is going to happen in the next two months.  Before I know it, it's really going to be the appropriate time for those Christmas decorations and I'm going to be back home in Arkansas for a little Christmas celebration.  And just on a side note, I hope that all of you follow the "No Christmas trees or decorations until AT LEAST the day after Thanksgiving" rule??  I mean, give the turkey, Indians and Pilgrims their day!  
So, last week my dad came to visit and we had a blast!  What a time of comedic relief- if you know my dad, you know how much he loves to talk and will strike up a conversation with anyone...well, he doesn't let a language barrier stop him!  He doesn't care if he's gotta raise the volume, use facial expressions, hand motions or a translator, he's going to talk to anyone and everyone.  Sometimes it might drive me crazy but I secretly admire this part of his personality.  He doesn't let anything stop him from showing love to everyone and isn't afraid to just be himself.  I can't tell you how many people told me (despite the language barrier between them) how much they enjoyed meeting my dad and that he is such a nice and genuine person.  Now, that's someone that I want to be like.  So glad dad got to come experience a little of my world here in Mexico.
Welcome to Puebla, Daddio!

You know he was taking pictures the whole time!

Sight-seeing in beautiful Puebla

Dad confirmed that I will be bringing home one of these cuties to join the McIntyre clan in December!!


The city of Puebla better look out because tomorrow night, Dick Nelson, Becky Lentz and Beth Kenyon arrive!!  Here comes trouble.  And I couldn't be more excited.  They're only here until Saturday but it's going to be a packed week full of meetings and a little fun here and there.  :)  Beth and Becky are also going to be speaking at a "conference"  for the leaders in the children's ministry on Friday night.  Really, it's just a training/'get-together to talk about this new ministry' time but conferencia is the word we use for this in Spanish...sounds so much more serious, I know.  I think Beth felt a little pressure when I told her it was a conference.  Ha!  Please be praying for this time- this is a big opportunity for Diana and I to get to know the existing leaders, recruit new leaders, encourage and refocus everyone and to introduce a lot of new and revolutionary (for here) ideas in children's ministry.  We are very excited and can't wait to see what God has in store.  Because as I was reminded today in Colossians, God always does more than we can imagine or ask for- every. single. time.  Can't wait to see... 

I'll try to keep you updated and send out a newsletter at the end of the month.  But no promises because it's getting crazy around here!  In the midst of all our planning, strategizing, training and recruiting to be prepared to start our new ministry in January (and we have to be ready to start before I leave for home December 15th), we will be going to Guadalajara for a week in November to meet up with a medical missions team from Fellowship!  Much to do, much to be thankful for and much to glorify the Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment