lollapalooza

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today...

I have a countdown app on my phone and I absolutely love it.  I keep only the most important upcoming events on it...

I CAN NOT WAIT to see the FSM team coming in March (which includes my loving cousin, Kate, Alexia, Kyle McCarthy & Dick Nelson...just a few people who make me smile.)


April 19th, my mom comes to visit!  (I think she's anxiously counting down the days too!)


Wahoo! June 13th I will meet my fam in Tampa.  Probably my most favorite time of year.


June 23rd, my oldest friend (like we've been friends the longest, not she's the oldest) is getting married.  So excited for this wedding!


And on April 23rd I will turn 25...I'm not so much anxiously awaiting this one as I am dreadfully holding on to every day of 24.  I don't know why but 25 just seems so much...older.  (No offense to you who are older and wiser than I.)


Even though I think it's all good and well to look forward to these events with anticipation...I sometimes have to remind myself to LIVE FOR TODAY.  It's not that I'm worrying about tomorrow or the next day all the time (although sometimes I do) but I just don't let myself enjoy a day to its fullest when I'm focused on how much I'm going to enjoy future days.  Matthew 6:34 (Message version, of course) is a great reminder for me today: 


"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, 
and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. 
God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

I have to "give my entire attention to what God is doing right now" because if I don't, I not only miss out on the good and wonderful things He has in store for me today, but I'm probably not hearing his voice as clearly and following him in obedience of the plans he has for me today.  What a wonderful thing that our Lord and Savior "will help you deal with whatever hard things come up WHEN THE TIME COMES."  Just another day I have to remember to rest in the promises of God and not worry about my own petty thoughts.  He's already got it under control.  Praying that you can enjoy this day to the fullest that God has planned for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment