lollapalooza

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Devil Wears Prada...

or perhaps Chanel. But today she wore Ralph Lauren. I started my internship yesterday and experienced the worst, craziest, wierdest, saddest, most tough day I have ever had to endure in my life. This is going to be a looonngg summer working for Mary Drysdale. Just imagine The Devil Wears Prada....times ten! She may be crazy, difficult to please, and hard to work for but there are two good things. One, the girls I work with are amazing! I really like them and we just laugh about all the funny things that happen all day. And two, I will learn a lot. I know the Lord will never give us situations that we cannot handle without his help. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. I almost started balling multiple times yesterday out of sheer nerves and the feeling that I knew nothing and that Mary hated me. However, I kept it together...even until 7:15! (I'm supposed to get off work at 5:30) During my overtime hours, as I was working on attempting to finish the drawings that she had me working on and revising again and again all day, I was forming a plan in my head of how I was going to ball to my mom to take me home with her and I was going to do my internship with Missi and just stay in Fayetteville. I couldn't come up with a good excuse for Mary though. But the other girls made me feel better and told me that they were often in the same boat. I felt reassured...actually by the time I got out of there I felt so free that I didn't care about anything that had happened before. So after the first day of work, Natalie, Mom and I enjoyed dinner at Zorba's Greek Restaurant in Dupont. Mom and Nat were rolling (and choking) as I told them all the crazy happenings of the day. After dinner we made a quick trip to Target to get the drawers and other organizational stuff I needed for my clothes and things. I also made sure to get some lean cuisines and things that I could take for lunch-I learned in my first day of work that there are no lunch breaks (or really any breaks at all) and I'm probably never going to get to leave for lunch! Bring on the lunchables and lean cuisines! It was one very long first day...that's going to be followed by 60 more of them. Start the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment