lollapalooza

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend O' Fun

What a weekend! It has been jam packed and lots of fun but has gone by way too fast. Natalie got back from Germany on Friday night with presents in tow. Alex and I were ready too...we got her a funny balloon. (I'll have to post pictures soon.) I got my first taste of Five Guys (De-lish!) and we pretty much called it a night. Everyone was pooped from a long weekend. Saturday morning Nat and I ate breakfast/brunch at the Silver Diner. It's probably the best diner I have ever been to, and they deliver...next Saturday morning, breakfast in bed! :) Actually, we are going to the beack next weekend! Hooray! After we were sufficiently stuffed, we drove out to see the Pope-Leighey House, it's one of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses and ended up getting a double whammy-we got to tour Woodlawn plantation too. We have always loved plantation houses. Both were pretty cool. Next up, Monticello! From there on out the day was pretty uneventful. I ran errands to CVS (which has pretty much replaced my Wal-Mart obsession, seeing as there are NO Wal-Marts here!) and Barnes & Noble, then retreated home to watch a Will Smith marathon of Hitch and Pursuit of Happyness. I also took the time to start filling out my "Do-it-yourself Memoir Book" I got at Barnes and Noble. I was very disappointed when I got to the point that I couldn't fill it out anymore because I hadn't come to my "adult years" yet. Haha I thought this was going to be a good activity for me this summer...turned out it was only good for one night. Let's hope I don't lose this before it's time to write in it again!
This morning, Natalie and I went to church at McLean Bible Church. It was HUGE!! They have a parking deck and a giant building. It was nice to go to a church similar to Fellowship though. I really miss church. After church, Nat and I went on a search for Beth Moore study books to do a bible study of our own this summer. This was a harder task than we thought. We drove out into Springfield to go to a Lifeway that was closed. Then we finally found a Family Christian Bookstore that was open and they didn't have any Beth Moore study books! We settled on a Max Lucado book. We'll see how it goes. This 2 hour search and trek had made us very tired and non-functional. It was time to eat-chips and salsa, please! We went to El Ranchero. You would think from the name and the way it looked that this was going to be some good authentic Mexican food. Well this was no La Huerta. They had wierd salsa and the fajitas were just okay. I voted it a "no return" for my list of DC favorites. We headed home with stomach aches and not feeling much more functional than when we arrived, to take a nice Sunday nap. And now somehow, I am sitting here in Natalie's office while she does some work on 7:30pm on a Sunday night. We are going to treat ourselves to a veggie dinner and a movie at home tonight. She deserves it more than I do, but for now I am just trying to enjoy my last few hours of freedom before I have to return to Mary tomorrow.

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you (us) who belong to Christ Jesus to live."
1 Thess 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment